Saturday, March 7, 2009

5 going on 16

Asia turned 5 yesterday. I hugged her for a long time before I put her to bed on the last day of her 4th year. And I knew it was the last time I would hug her when she was four. I felt like I was saying goodbye to "baby Asia" and welcoming "kid Asia". It was bitter sweet. She has been asking to get her ears pierced for a while now and I tell her it hurts and pinch her ears to show her. She still wanted to do it. So today I took her to the mall and had it done.

She was so brave and sat up in the chair straight faced and serious. After they had marked her ears I asked if she still wanted to do it, was she still feeling brave? (I was dizzy with mother's nerves.) She nodded. I had them do them both at the same time.

One, two, three... her face barely changed. I was of course squealing with delight and taking pictures. She loved them and skipped out of the store with a lolly in her mouth. She's so big. And still so little.


You can't tell but they are pink flowers.










7 comments:

Rae said...

This post makes me tear up and smile and also ache. So sweet....

Rachel and Kelly said...

I cannot believe she is five. Are you sure she is not three? I'm pretty sure she is three. Weirdo.

mardymeans said...

Oh Jenny, she looks so cute with earrings! I can't believe she's 5! I thought about her on her birthday, I can't believe Weston's going to be five in less than a month! It does feel like they are definitely not babies anymore :( Haley has finally decided she wants her ears pierced, and I am so excited but I have to convince Sean, because he doesn't want her to yet, he feels like she'll be too grown-up, I guess he's not ready to say goodbye to his baby girl! Sorry for the novel! Love you!

Emily said...

Jen- I found your blog through Mardy's..hope you don't mind me snoopin :) I can't believe you already have a 5 year old! Wow! Asia looks cute with her earrings.. Anyway, hope everything's going well for you & the kids.. Funny, we were just at Lava Hot Springs a couple weeks ago. Check out my blog sometime.. emilykit.blogspot

Kendra said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you had a blog? That's schweet sista! How are you? I'm totally confused....Who's Nate and who's Andy? Fill me in girl. Here's my email to just you don't want to go public. haha kbreann@hotmail.com

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Asia - She is so cute and so brave. What happened to your babies...they're so big.

Polly said...

Asia, looks very brave!!!
But hey, where is Nate??? He looks like a great guy, and in the photos you look very relaxed and happy. What happened? Can you give this guy a chance? I don't know him, but he looks like a good solid person, and maybe your prince!! Make a list of all of his good qualities, and see if you would benefit from having someone like that in your life. Most of all, does he have kids? If not, did he enjoy being around yours? If he does, I would pursue him, and look for a chapter two of happiness with a nice man. Again I am judging by photos. There are no book perfect men out there, but there sure a lot of very kind ones, that work hard, treat women and children well. A man who would consider a relationship with three little ones underfoot speaks volumes to his character. Be sure you don't pass a good thing up, when they rarely come along. You deserve a man that will help care, and shoulder some of the responsibility that you didn't get before. Be sure to look into your heart and don't be so quick to disgard someone that may care for you and the little ones. There's no perfect marriage or relationship, but there are others that sure make it worth fighting for. Love, Cindy